It’s hard to believe that summer is coming to an end! I know I’m not alone when saying that this summer wasn’t at all what I imagined it would be. Although we are living in an overwhelming world, I’ve found a lot of comfort and little victories in smaller places I might have otherwise overlooked.
- One of the things that brought me joy this summer was my garden. We grew jalapeños, bell peppers, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, hot chili peppers, peas, cilantro, parsley, basil and roses. Even on the most overwhelming day, taking a 10 minute break to go outside to water and check on my plants gave me such a sense of purpose! Few things are more satisfying than plucking off a bell pepper and handful of cherry tomatoes and tossing into a fresh salad.
- At the beginning of the year I hadn’t set a firm reading goal in terms of quantity of books however with the extra time at home I’ve been reading constantly! One highlight of my month has been joining Book Of The Month Club. Each month they provide a curated list of 5 books for you to select from and when the new book options are released it truly feels like Christmas and the options that BOTM provides are excellent.
- Phil recently got me hooked on Dax Shepard’s podcast, Armchair Expert. Dax and Monica are thoughtful and hilarious hosts and every episode leaves me in the best mood.
- Lake pajamas are certainly an indulgence however being home all the time, comfort has been a must for me. I bought two short sets and wear them almost every day!
- Having not been to the spa or to get a manicure in over six months, I’ve been looking for ways to pamper myself at home. Biossance has a suite of clean, cruelty free and vegan skincare products that are lovely. Each night I do my routine of cleansing and lotioning I feel a pampered.